For young people aged 11-18
Have you moved with your parents abroad and started to forget Latvian? The European Distance Education Secondary school offers a great opportunity to learn Latvian without interrupting your studies anywhere in the world!
Latvian language classes will be held online, in small groups of up to 10 participants who are peers and have a similar level of language. The advantage of distance learning is that our educators will adapt to the youth's leisure time and pace of learning. The aim of our classes is for the young person to acquire Latvian through all 4 skills (writing, reading, speaking and listening). The training will take place in a fun and friendly online atmosphere, engaging in a variety of interactive tasks in an engaging conversation with our qualified educators, as well as completing different assignments independently in an electronic learning platform.
We enroll students who are at least A2 and above (writing and reading skills are needed during the course to keep track of the lesson).
- Duration of study cycle: 3.5 months
- Lesson frequency: 1 time per week (15 contact hours in total)
- Extra Features: Communicate with Tutor on WhatsApp!
- Duration: 40 minutes
- Tuition fee: 12.50 EUR
- At the end of the course, the student will receive a certificate from the European Distance Education Secondary School for learning Latvian at a certain language level. The European Distance Education Secondary Schooll is an accredited educational institution in the Republic of Latvia.
Skills to Learn:
- to learn a new language, you need to talk and find the interlocutors. This distance learning platform is a place where everyone has a goal to be a conversation partner from the moment they connect to eVide [learning platform]. In this way, speaking skills in the Latvian language will also improve;
- improve listening skills. Studies (eg Lipkin et al 1990, Ratte 1968) have shown that foreign language learners have a better ability to listen than one-language learners;
- By reading various texts that correspond to the level of the course, understanding of the Latvian language is deepened and at the same time the reading skills in Latvian are improving;
- literacy as an essential form and part of communication;
- learn communicative skills with other peers: children become more social and confident;
- learning any new foreign language also improves memory;
- will develop creativity: if you do not know a word, you should approach the situation creatively and find another way to express your thoughts. It's called thinking outside the box;
- promote understanding of Latvian cultural environment, traditions, people;
- will develop the skills to use the technologies for themselves.
Currently accepting applications!
To find out more or to apply: +371 28328834 or [email protected]